Before/After School Care
CHACKBAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
101 SCHOOL LANE
THIBODAUX, LOUISIANA 70301
PHONE (985) 633-2348
FAX (985) 633-4710
CHILD CARE PROGRAM
ROBBY J. LEE, PRINCIPAL
CHILD CARE STAFF - DOROTHY ADAMS,
APRIL ARCENEAUX, DENISE BENOIT, TINA MAYNARD AND CHERYL VERDIN
The Child Care Program is a service provided program of the Lafourche Parish School System. It is a program of before and after school care for children to remain in the safe, secure, and familiar environment of their schools. Time is also set aside each day for the child to complete homework under adult supervision.
All profits, after expenses, are shared with the participating school. The sponsoring school’s share of the profits is placed in the materials of instruction budget for that school. This allows the school to purchase materials and equipment for the school.
In summary, this program is designed to assist working parents through the convenience of an in-house Child Care Program while at the same time making it possible for our school to purchase much needed material and equipment.
The program shall be evaluated throughout the course of the year prior to a decision being made for the continuation of the program.
CHILD CARE PROGRAM FEES
1ST Child Additional Children
Full- time weekly tuition $35.00 $30.00
A.M. only weekly tuition $20.00 $15.00
P.M. only weekly tuition $25.00 $20.00
A registration fee of $10.00 is required and shall be paid before the child is allowed to enter the Child Care Program.
*Payments must be made by the morning of the second day of the week. Students must pay for child care even if they do not attend. (There is no fee if there is no school due to professional days, holiday or emergency days.)
*Students will not be registered until all previous years’ balances have been paid.
THIS WILL STRICTLY BE ENFORCED
*Child Care before school is from 6:30 AM – 7:50 AM.
*Child Care after school is from 3:15 PM – 5:30 PM.
CHILD CARE PROGRAM
- The morning Child Care Program begins at 6:30 A.M. and ends when the duty teacher arrives at 7:50 A.M.
- The afternoon Child Care Program begins when the school dismissal bell rings at 3:15 P.M. and ends at 5:30 P.M. Please be prompt! $1.00 for each minute after 5:30 P.M. will be charged.
- The Child Care Program operates Monday through Friday on regular school days.
- The Child Care Program will not be open on holidays.
- The Child Care Program will not be held on designated Lafourche Parish Professional Days. Parents will be notified of these days on the monthly school calendar.
- The Child Care Program will be held in the Chackbay Elementary Cafeteria.
- Student tuition and fees – refer to page 1. Payments must be made by the morning of the second day of the week.
- Registration – A $10.00 registration fee is required before the student starts the program. A child must be registered in order to participate in the Child Care Program.
- Late fee – Students picked up after 5:30 P.M. will pay the following late fees: $1.00 for each additional minute after 5:30 P.M. THIS WILL STRICTLY BE ENFORCED.
- All fees are non-refundable; no refunds if absent. Payment DOES NOT carry over
to the next week.
- All fees must be paid by the morning of the second day of the week. If payment
is not received within two days, your child will not receive services and a re-
registration fee of $10.00 will be charged. THIS WILL STRICTLY BE
- A $25.00 charge will be assessed for all NSF checks and all future fees must be
paid in cash.
- Children must be dropped off and picked up by a parent/designated person.
Children must be signed out in the afternoon by the parent/designated person.
Only persons listed on the emergency form may sign out children. If this is
impossible, the Child Care Staff must be notified by telephone or a signed
statement listing the person given responsibility for signing out the child. If the
person picking up the child is not listed on the child’s emergency sheet, the Child
Care Staff must make a copy of the individual’s driver’s license before dismissing
the child. NO ONE UNDER 18 IS ALLOWED TO PICK UP STUDENTS.
- Afternoon snacks – After school snacks will be provided to ensure that children
receive the nutrition they need to learn, play and grow at no charge.
- Parents are to submit the completed Before/After School Care Special Needs
form to program staff upon registration.
- No money can be accepted in aftercare. If your child attends only after care,
please put money in an envelope. Label the envelope with your “child’s name”and
“After Care” and have your child give to her/his homeroom teacher.
CONDUCT POLICY AND DISCIPLINE PROCEDURE
It shall be the policy of this day care program to promote a safe, secure and orderly environment which will serve to enhance the goals of Child Care. Students will be required to be well behaved at all times. Under no circumstances will violent, disruptive and/or abusive behavior be tolerated. Violent behavior will be defined as anyone hitting another person, using vulgarities, throwing objects in any direction or at another person and destroying property. Students will be expected to act in an orderly safe manner at all times. Students will not be allowed to chew gum or run in the building.
Depending on the severity of the problem, there will be three (3) steps taken to alleviate a behavior situation:
- On the first offense, the staff will call or notify the parent by phone or when he/she
picks up the child and advise him/her of the situation and send home a written
disciplinary report for the parent to sign.
- On the second offense, the staff will again notify the parent by phone or in person
and advise the parents of the situation. A written disciplinary report for the parent
will be sent home and a possibility of suspension from the program will be discussed.
- On the third offense, the staff will call the child’s parents to immediately pick up the
child from school with the understanding that the child is permanently terminated
from the Child Care Program. No refunds will be made.
Any of the above procedures may be waived, depending upon the seriousness of the offense. The staff has the ultimate authority for disciplinary action.
Parents are responsible for any damages done by their child to Child Care or school property. Parents will be notified of the cost of any such damages in writing and will be required to sign a notice of disciplinary action.
EMERGENCY DISMISSAL AND SCHOOL CLOSING
During the school year it may become necessary to dismiss the students early or to close the school due to an emergency situation. Our primary concern will be to insure the safety of all students. The full cooperation of all students and parents is required should an early dismissal or school closing occur.
- Please be sure that your child has accurate and current emergency information on file and that you inform the staff whenever the information needs to be revised.
- Please make emergency arrangements now with family so that your child will know what to do.
- The news media will be notified of emergency closure. If the Lafourche Parish Schools are closed due to an emergency situation, there will be no before or after school care.
August 8, 2016------------------------------First Day for Students
September 5, 2016-----------------------------------------Labor Day
September 6, 2016---------No School/ Prof. Development Day
October 10, 2016--------------------------------------------Fall Break
October 11, 2016----------- No School/ Prof. Development Day
November 8, 2016-------------------------Election Day/No School
November 21-25, 2016--------------------Thanksgiving Holidays
December 19, 2016 – January 2, 2017---Christmas/New Years
January 16, 2017----------------------Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 17, 2017----------- No School/ Prof. Development Day
February 27 March 3, 2017-------------------Mardi Gras Holidays
April 14, 2017--------------------------------------------Good Friday
April 17-21, 2017----------------------------------------Easter Break
CHACKBAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CHILD CARE PROGRAM REGISTRATION FORM
Registration Form must be filled out completely by the parent or guardian and returned to Child Care Staff with $10.00 fee and completed insurance form with payment or signed insurance waiver by both parents not to purchase insurance.
CHILD’S NAME__________________________________ BIRTHDATE________________________
AGE_______ SEX_______GRADE________ TEACHER__________________________________________
FATHER’S NAME________________________________________WORK PHONE____________________
MOTHER’S NAME_______________________________________ WORK PHONE___________________
In case of an emergency, if parents cannot be reached, please contact: (Please put additional names and numbers on back of this page.)
Name of Doctor or Hospital to be contacted:
If there are any other medical problems our staff should know about, such as allergies, diabetes, handicaps, etc., please indicate: ___________________________________________________________
Date you wish to start program___________________________________________________________
Child will be attending: Morning only________ Total Collected:___________
Evening only________ Check:___________
Both ________ Cash:___________
___Purchased School Insurance ____Declined School Insurance
I have read and understand these policies and will cooperate with the staff of the C.E.S. Child Care Program. I understand that failure on the part of my child to behave appropriately may result in expulsion from the Child Care Program and that no refund will be made.
Parent’s Signature:________________________________ Date:__________________________
CHACKBAY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
101 SCHOOL LANE
THIBODAUX, LOUISIANA 70301
TO: Parents of Chackbay Elementary Child Care Students
FROM: Robby J. Lee, Principal
Child Care Staff
RE: Before/After School Child Care – Special Care Needs
Chackbay Elementary operates a Non-Educational Before/After School Care Service available to all Chackbay students. This program provides an adult supervised child care service. The operational hours are 6:30 A.M. to 7:50 A.M. for Before School Care and 3:15 P.M. to 5:30 P.M. for After School Care. Parents are responsible for dropping off and picking up their child from Before/After School Care. Parents are responsible for providing special services to children with special care needs. Please complete the information below and return to the Child Care Staff upon registration.
Child’s Name_____________________________ Teacher_________________________
_____My child will participate in the Chackbay Elementary Before/After School Care Program.
_____Before School Care _____After School Care
_____My child does not have special care needs during these hours.
_____My child has special care needs during these hours.
The following accommodations will be provided to address the identified special care needs:
The Parent will provide:
The School will provide:
Parent’s Signature:______________________________________ Date:________________
Principal’s Signature:____________________________________ Date:________________